Hair! Beautiful Hair!
My sister is blessed with thick gorgeous silky hair. I, on the other hand, am blessed with the patience to deal with ratted hair at the nape of my neck on a daily basis. So life’s not fair. I learned that at an early age. I also have learned to not listen to rumors at an early age. However, after hearing rumor after rumor of girls taking prenatal vitamins even if they are not planning to get pregnant to help their hair and nails, I decided it was time to do some research. I was happy to find that the truth behind all the rumors were not totally out of this world.
Prenatal Vitamins are packed full of all the essential vitamins and minerals a girl will need to sustain a healthy lifestyle. As an added bonus there are some benefits you and your skin can reap from vitamins and minerals. Prenatal vitamins are jammed with extra folic acid, iron, and magniseum which are consequently great for growing healthy beautiful hair and nails.
Essential Vitamins and Minerals for your skin, hair, and nails:
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant and will help your body to repair connective tissue and collagen, both of which are very important to the improved appearance of your hair and skin. It will also fight free radicals to prevent future damage.
- Vitamin C prevents inflammation and will firm and tone your skin. It also helps detoxify the body.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that is actually stored within your body so you get lasting protection against free radicals. It also helps circulation in the body and helps dissolve excess fat.
- Vitamin B6 effectively helps establish strong connective tissue, and repair damaged connective tissue that is in place already. It is also excellent at fight fluid, improving your metabolism, and can help remove toxins from your body.
- Biotin is important for cell growth and is usually used for people who want thick health hair, skin, and nails. Consequently, it is found in many cosmetics and health products for the hair and skin, though it cannot be absorbed through the hair or skin itself.
- Iron keeps you from being anemic helping your blood stay health. Many prenatal vitamins also contain iron. They have higher iron content than regular vitamin supplements. Iron is crucial to healthy hair. Taking iron would definitely stimulate hair growth if you don’t have enough in your diet already.
- Folic acid is needed for proper hair growth and thick, healthy hair. In fact, folic acid helps to promote hair growth naturally.
- Iodine fights to bring a slow metabolism up to speed.
- Magnesium alleviates stress and helps in weight management. Magnesium is the main ingredient in the Dead Sea natural skin care products and it helps reduce inflammation and has been used to reduce wrinkles. Magnesium is known to be good for stimulating hair growth and helping to keep hair healthy and shiny.
- Zinc is important for cell division and the generation process, synthesizing collagen, and proper functioning of enzymes to heal the skin.
- Selenium protects the skin from sun damage and may be important in the protection against free radicals.
- Copper builds proteins that give blood vessel walls the strength and flexibility to accommodate our veins and arteries. Copper also activates enzymes that are important to our metabolism.
- Manganese is an essential mineral (kinda like Copper), and a component of important anti-oxidant enzymes involved in the defenses against UV induced photo-aging.
Eating a healthy diet:
If you do want to make your hair grow in thick and healthy faster eat plenty of good proteins, and lots of fruits and vegetables that contain flavonoids. They are antioxidants that may encourage hair growth and protect the hair follicles as well. Also, make sure that your diet has enough supplements of Vitamin E, biotin, Vitamin C with bioflavonoids, and coenzyme Q10, all of which are consequently in the best brands of prenatal vitamins. With so many benefits from taking a prenatal vitamin, why wouldn’t you walk down that road? What have you got to lose?