Health Benefits of Women’s Vitamins
Womens vitamins come in many forms, Once-daily womens multi vitamin, prenatal vitamins and women-specific weight loss vitamins. Each are designed for different purposes but most high-quality womens vitamins will improve the quality of your health.
Did You Know…
- Americans spend over $20 Billion on dietary supplements each year!
- According to the CDC, 34% of the population is obese, a 19% increase since 1980.
- Multivitamin and mineral supplements are proven to help with weight loss and reduce BMI and waist circumference
- Vitamin C, E and exercise reduce the risk of osteoporosis, an estimated 75 million people suffer from osteoporosis throughout the USA, Japan and Europe.
- Folate may reduce a woman’s risk of pancreatic cancer by 50% but not in men
- Flavenols, from tea, are associated with a 20% reduction in stroke risk
- Vitamin D deficiencies are linked to osteopenia, osteoporosis, muscle weakness, fractures, common cancers, autoimmune diseases, infectious diseases and cardiovascular diseases.
- Vitamin D may reduce the incidence of several types of cancer and type-1 diabetes.
- The Harvard School of Public Health reported that increasing vitamin D levels may reduce the risk of heart attacks.
- Low levels of vitamin D may increase the risk of bacterial vaginosis, a common vaginal infection which can cause pregnancy complications
- Vitamin D is positively related to muscle power, force, velocity and jump height in young women
- More sunlight helps boost vitamin D levels, but experts agree the safest way is to take a daily supplement that provides 800 to 1000 IU per day.
- Higher intakes of vitamin D during pregnancy may lead to stronger teeth in children
- Coenzyme Q10 may reduce the risk of developing preeclampsia in high-risk women
- Probiotic supplements during the first trimester of pregnancy may help women lose weight after the infant’s birth
- Probiotics taken during pregnancy and post-natal are proven to reduce eczema and allergies in high-risk children
- Probiotics will also reduce belly fat and improve gut health
- The combination of Folic acid, Vitamin B6 and B12 may reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration in women by 34 %
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) may help reduce body fat mass in post-menopausal women with type 2 diabetes
- Compounds from green tea may lead to stronger bones by promoting bone formation, while also inhibiting bone resorption, which leads to weakening
- Green tea may reduce the incidence of psychological distress in women by 20%
- B vitamins may reduce the risk of breast cancer and other invasive cancers in women over the age of 65
- Increased intakes of vitamins C and E and beta-carotene may reduce the risk of cancer of the uterus, according to a new review and meta-analysis of the science to date.
- Kelp seaweed may help to fight hormone-related cancers
- Soy Isoflavones have potent anti-oxidant properties which neutralize free radicals. Soy Isoflavones are proven to ease menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes and strengthening bone density. Soy Isoflavones also have cardiovascular benefits such as inhibiting the growth of cells that form artery clogging plaque. Population-based studies show a strong correlation between consumption of isoflavones and a reduced risk of breast and endometrial cancer.
- Dong Quai supplies the hormone needed to avoid the estrogen loss in women. It is used as a short-term treatment for alleviating menopausal symptoms and PMS.
- Damiana is an aphrodisiac for both men and women for sexual stimulation. It is also effective in increasing energy and alleviating symptoms of depression, impotence and menstrual problems.
- Wild Yam is mainly used to benefit womens reproductive heath, it also alleviates PMS and menopausal symptoms.
Shopping for Womens Vitamins
Here are a few tips if you are in the market for a womens multi vitamin.
1.) Find a womens vitamin with the recommended amounts. Some vitamins are actually harmful if taken in high amounts, like Vitamin A.
2.) The market for womens vitamins is huge, don’t be fooled by false marketing for products that claim to be women-specific. Most products do not contain women-specific ingredient. Make sure you purchase a womens vitamin that has a money back guarantee, and don’t fall for anything claiming to offer a “Free Trial”. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
3.)Find a women’s vitamin that is ranked high by both experts and consumers. Click Here For The Best Womens Vitamins